• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car purchase and trade in problem.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

specl

What is the name of your state? Missouri I need some legal advice as what to do about a problem my son has encountered while trying to purchase a vehicle from a car dealership. Here's the problem: My son found a car and traded in his car against it. The car dealership first told him the loan had been approved for him and then said it didn't because my son didn't make enough hourly wages. He makes plenty but much of it is from commission bonus sales and the loan company doesn't accept this as true wages. The car dealership told him to go and have his boss rig his paystub to look like he made all of his earnings as hourly wages, and then had the nerve to tell him not to tell anyone he had told him to do this. I assume this is against the law, and he didn' t want to get into trouble. So instead, I went to decided to cosign and they had us fill out all the paperwork, told us the deal was finished and sent us on our way with the car. About three days later they call and said my wages didn't qualify us for the loan either and so he tried another route. Anyway, to sum it all up, they call and tell him they just couldn't go the loan and he would have to find other means. My son thought about it and decided to purchase a vehicle from another dealership and called to let them know we would be bringing the vehicle back and get his trade in back Went to pick it up and exchange it yesterday and they told me there was a problem! They had already sold his trade in before knowing the loan had been approved and couldn't locate it. What legal recourse have we got. Here we are with a car that can't be financed by them and they have sold our vehicle. Help me, please. Any response would be very welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">