• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car purchased w\o title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sirhada

What is the name of your state?Georgia (fraud) Several weeks ago I purchased a car.The seller assured me that the title was at his sister's house.Me being a trusting idiot invested almost $1000 in it (above the $135 I pd to him).I finally went to the tag office and found the title was in his name but that it had a lean on it.I went to him with this info and he claims nothing owed on it.His father took me aside and said the title actually in his name Sr. vs. Jr. and that a title pawn co.called wanting the car or the money. Can I put a mechanics lean on it?

djohnson

What have you done to upgrade the value of the car?

About your only chance would be to sue in civil court for your money back since he broke the verbal contract. I hope you have a receipt where you paid him.

sirhada

purchased car w/o title

georgia, A list of thing done to car 1. new windsheild 2.new rt side door 3. new rear hatch with glass 4.new intake and get motor running 4. misc. body work. I also have a bill of sale.I thought I might have to sue the boy but he dosent "have a pot to pee in" so that would be a hollow victory. thanks anyway

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">