• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danielson198709

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? north carolina

I got the price of a car over the internet ($13,412) but when i went and bought the car, no price was ever discussed at the dealership and when they were figuring out my payments and drawing up the paper work i was never in the room, i realized after i got home that they had charged me $15,900 for the car. I brought this to their attention and they are saying that the best they can do is give me $500 and 3 free oil changes. Is this a good offer or by law are they required to give me the car at the price that was originally quoted?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I got the price of a car over the internet ($13,412) but when i went and bought the car, no price was ever discussed at the dealership and when they were figuring out my payments and drawing up the paper work i was never in the room, i realized after i got home that they had charged me $15,900 for the car. I brought this to their attention and they are saying that the best they can do is give me $500 and 3 free oil changes. Is this a good offer or by law are they required to give me the car at the price that was originally quoted?
So you didn't read the contract before you signed it?

sandyclaus

A signed contract is going to trump any discussions you claim to have had regarding the price of the vehicle before you completed the purchase. You should never have signed the sales contract before reading it over. Once you signed, you acknowledged your agreement to everything in that contract - whether you read it or not.

I would suggest taking what they are willing to offer. By law, they aren't even required to do THAT, since you already agreed to the higher purchase price.

OHRoadwarrior

That was the internet price. You got the in person price. If you wanted the internet price, you had to request it before buying the car. Not to rub it in, but I got 5k additional off my truck, by utilizing the factory to dealer incentive in the internet add.

swalsh411

Any advertised price is merely a "invitation to negotiate". A seller is rarely legally required to sell anything they advertise at any price. In your case, you apparently felt the car was worth $15,900 after coming to see it in person and the dealership was happy to oblige.

Moral of the story is don't sign things without reading them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">