• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car repair faulty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjmomof3

What is the name of your state? Oregon
My daughter's Mazda had the front left axle replaced by a Mazda dealer in Oregon on 5-4-03. On 6-14-03 the axle dropped while she was driving. This happened in Idaho as she is visiting me. This incident also caused other damage to the car - bent rim, bent front quarter panel, she can't open the drivers door. The electrical system may also have been damaged as the car has absolutely no power and won't even start. Luckily she didn't collide with any other vehicles but she & 2 passengers were very shaken up. She has paid the Mazda dealer a large amount of money to replace the axle and do other repairs to her car. She was told everything was in working order when she picked up the car. At this point, she no longer wants the car. Does she have the right to ask that the Mazda dealer buy the car from her as well as pay the towing bill and other damages such as stress and fear caused by the breakdown for her and passengers? She has also incurred extra expenses for getting to & from work. Exactly what can she do about this? Please let me know what her rights are in this situation.
Thank you,
cj

djohnson

She is pretty much out of luck. She can not force them to buy her car or pay anything just because she doesn't want it anymore. You said they were not hurt so there would be no damages to sue for even if you could. Did the car have warranty and was the work guaranteed and for how long?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">