• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car repair gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AdriN675

What is the name of your state? michigan
I had my 91 toyota celica gts with 100,000 miles, serviced for new radiator and oil pan gasket leak on 4/21/03, 600.00 in repairs.
the next time i drove, 4/23/03, resulted in being towed from highway and it is reported that the motor locked up for lack of oil.

i contacted repair shop and was told that its unlikely their repairs caused the problem and they sent out an insurance adjuster, who i'm told did nothing more than take pictures, which resulted in a letter to me stating the the "damages" are not the repairshops responsibility.

i've had car checked by my certified mechanic who believes the locked motor is result of neglect to clean oil pan before replacing it thus clogging screen preventing oil from getting to motor.

i also taked with service rep at toyota who is familiar with the car and am told that the motor easily can get 300,000 miles. the car has been well maintained thoughout the years. the company paid lawyers i've talked to were uninterested in the case.

please advise what type of documentation i need to prove my case and what are procedures for initiating a civil suit. they should not get away with this. thanks.

JETX

The jurisdictional limit for Michigan small claims is $3000. If your claim is less than that, you can file there to try to recover your damages.

As for 'evidence', I would suggest that you get qualified experts to appear in court to support your claim that the damage was due to their negligence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">