• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Repair Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nlrivn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio but work was done in PA

Hello Everybody

About a year ago or so there was a recall on my car the driver side window would burn out and the window would stop working. We took it to get service to a dealership, the dealership claim they change the switch for the vehicle and program the window but it still did not work. They told me it was something else that was causing the window not open and close. The warranty on the car would not cover it and we would have to pay out of pocket. What they wanted just to look at the car we could not afford. We try calling the the manufacture and explain what happen. They basically said the switch was change and that was all they were require to do under the warranty. Any other repair I would have to pay for.

Fast forward a year. My wife works at a dealership and one of the mechanic offer to look at our window to see if he could rig something up so we would be able to open and close the window. When he took the door apart he notice that the switch was never change like the claim they did no work was ever done to my car they lie to me. What are my legal option hear? What can I do? Any advice or help would be appreciated.

OHRoadwarrior

Call the manufacturer and advise them the recall was never done. They will likely send you to another dealer and have it done.

nlrivn

Call the manufacturer and advise them the recall was never done. They will likely send you to another dealer and have it done.
Thanks for the quick reply. I called the manufacture of the vehicle and explain my problem they said that there is nothing they can do because on there computer it states that the dealership did everything there were suppose to do. So i guess it comes down to my word against theirs. At this point i dont know what to do I can call the dealership but they are going to deny any wrong doing. Is it worth getting in contact with a lawyer or is it best to just let it be and get my car fix somewhere else and pay out of pocket?

davew128

Call them back and press them on it. When I had an issue with a manufacturer taking care of a problem like that, I called a California Agency (forgot the name) that handles disputes between auto repair centers and consumers and shortly after the case was opened the dealer and manufacturer changed their tune. Does your state have something similar?

OHRoadwarrior

Advise them if they do not address the issue you are going to file a complaint to NHTSA because you fear the car can catch fire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">