• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skeegs

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My husband took his car in to get repaired. He got a new oil pump costing $670. Well when he took it out of the shop his acceleration was off. Apparantly the timing belt was put on wrong. Well they fixed this problem free of charge but after he picked it up and drove it for a few miles the engine died on him and he was unable to restart it. He called the shop and they said they would tow it in. When he talked to them today they said they would let him know what the charges would be.

So my question is should they be charging us when the problem was probably their fault? He never had any trouble like this before he took it to the shop. Or would they just get out of any liability saying we have no proof?

S

skeegs

update

Okay so my husband just got a call and they said it would cost $270 for a new timing belt. Apparantly before they just adjusted it. My husband picked up the key and told them he would not let them touch his car again. We still feel strongly that the problem is thier fault and should be responsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">