• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car robbed at paint shop...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

juls6

What is the name of your state? FL

My car has been at the paint shop for 2 weeks now!!
At the end of the first week, my tires and rims were stolen.
The shop claims no liability (there was a disclaimer in the work release form about damages from fire etc) My insurance company thinks that the shop is liable. I just want my car and my wheels back :mad:
The shop represented having full security and assured me that it would be locked up. They had posted signs for security survaillence and even a "bad dog" that didn't exist. The camera and alarm did, but it didn't cover where the cars were stored.
I could go on forever about all of the problems that have occured with this shop - tried to pick up my car and they called the police on me?! They damaged my lights, employees put holds on my car that kept it there long enough to be robbed.
What are MY rights???:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">