• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mellowrama

I negotiated the sale of my vehical with a 19 year old and his father (finance manager of a auto dealership). The father said he was handling much of the negotiation so that the "financing" would go through the dealership and he could do the paperwork. With the neg. set, I met the son after work (he traveled across a ferry about an hour), he said the dealership didn't have time to cut the check (to my leinholder), but he would fax a copy in the morning and give me a personal check for the difference (4K). I was unhappy with the scenario, but had his fathers paperwork from the dealership and promises to send the check asap. A week later (many phone calls not returned) I find out they still havn't paid- I called and was told the address for the leinholder was wrong. I was told I should recieve another fax copy of the check sent, did not get it. So, I waited another week 1/2, started calling (no returns) and finally got hold of the father - he then told me that they had decided to finance through a Credit Union to save money,they had cancelled the supposed check from the dealership and they had been trying to send me new paperwork to sign - I expressed frustration (I still have no car, and will wait till this one is paid off)and told him we needed to close this asap. He agreed to expressmail the documents and with plan to wire money to my credit union(my payment is overdue)asap, and by the weekend. I got the papers and they were retuned on monday, they are still taking thier time, and he has hung up on me twice during discussions (from the dealership). He last told me he was going to withdrawel his own moneys and wire in the morning, (I'm waiting to see). I was told by thier credit union I could still back out If I wanted (even though they have my signed papers to the credit union). It has been 30 days now. SHould I re-take my car (how would I do it?) and if so, what to do with their 4K? What if they do payoff the car, can I still refund thier car payoff money and get my car(the title would still be in my name after payoff till I sign it over)?

L

lawrat

At this point, you have a breach of contract. So make one final attempt. If he still doesn't pay, you have two options:

1. Get car back and sue for damages (cost lowered of car; expenses so far, interest, etc) OR

2. Sue for price of car, expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">