• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Salesman Spit On Me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tekgooroo

What is the name of your state?Utah, Davis County
I was shopping for a new car this weekend and I went to Mike Riddle Mitsubishi in Woods Cross Utah. The salesman was giving me the run around so I stood up and said to my wife, "let's go, I don't want to waste any more time here." We went outside and got into our car. The salesman and his manager followed us outside and were waving their arms around and yelling. He wanted me to roll down my window. I didn't want to, but he was persistent and I stupidly gave in. Then he started asking a bunch of dumb questions about why I was upset - too much double-talk and him constantly refusing to give me anything concrete to go on was the gist of it. We were fed up so I started to back out of the spot he jumped back and said I had run over his foot. I said "Oh please ... " and continued to back up. He came over to the car and spit in my face.
I immediately got out of the car and he high tailed it inside. He could see I was not playing around. I went inside grabbed a phone off the reception desk and called the police. They came took my statement and statements from 2 independent witnesses (other customers who saw the whole thing). After I had given my statement the policeman said it would probably be better my wife and I just left, so we did.

If I had run over his foot it was a total accident, but I suspect it's more likely that he was faking to get us to feel bad and keep talking. I know he wasn't hurt because after all this was over he virtually ran inside.

I would like to sue the dealership and possibly the salesman personally. What do you think the odds are it will be fruitful for me. BTW - There was still spit on my sunglasses when the policeman arrived the the other witnesses backed me up 100% and agreed that if we did run over his foot (doubtful) that he definitely was not hurt and it was an accident. I really want to sue these people. What can I do and what would be a reasonable sum to pursue for the assualt.

dallas702

I would certainly let the owner of the dealershoip know yoour intentions. They will probably offer some kind of "compensation" so you don't have to go to court. That is pretty despicable, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">