• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car service center

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike61071

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

I dropped a van off to a local dealership for repair service. At first, they told me that I needed a fuel pump. So I gave them a credit card over the phone to pay fro the pump. That did not fix the problem. They had the van over a week and then determined that the transmission was bad. I decided to get a second opinion and I had the van towed to a transmission expert. The transmission expert found nothing wrong with the transmission.

The delaership said the fuel pump was about $500.00 However, the fuel pump did not fix the problem. They charged my credit card over $1800.00. I never received an invoice. I suspect the tow truck driver misplaced it.

The van was never fixed by the dealership. As a matter of fact, it runs worse. Am I obligated to pay for their time invested in repairing the van if they did not repair the van at all. And there diagnosis was way off.

I first plan on disputing the charge with my credit card company. They do not have an imprint of my credit card and they also do not have my signature on any work authorization.

Am I required to pay for work that does not remedy the problem? And if so, to what extent?

L

Lars of Mars

It's these kind of scumbags that make all mechanics look bad, even the good ones. Reminds of 'The Mask' where he takes his car in for an oil change and they say his brakes are shot and he needs a new transmission.

I'd call the credit card company and tell them what happened. Call the mechanic scum and tell them to $hit you an invoice or something that shows what they did, the parts they used etc., then I'd file in small claims. Then I'd complain to Better Business. Hold them accountable for taking $1800 and not fixing $hit.
Then I'd file with anything and everything I could think of.

They ripped you off big time, get back at them. I'm sure they do it to a lot of people, and most just sit and let it happen and never do anything about it. Play dirty.

But that's just me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">