• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car still will not run and repair shop has been paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

oneusaman

What is the name of your state? CT
My car was towed into the service station because it would not stay running once started. I was given a repair estimate of $460 including tow and diagnosis. After 12 days and many excuses I was told the car was repaired and ready for pick-up. I was told the bill was $890! I gave no authorization for the extra work that was done. I requested the replaced parts and was told they were already discarded. After a long fight the bill was reduced to the original price. I pulled out of the station and the car died 1 block away I had it pushed to my home being that the repair shop was now closed. The car still will not run. The repair shop will not do any further work or fix what they said the did because they already lowered their price to the original estimate. The estimate work was not done the car will not run. I requested a refund even allowing for the price of the tow and 1 hours labor for diagnosis but I feel I should not pay for work not done right.
As a side note the mechanic called me 2 days later to say he forgot to re install my air filter it was in the trunk and that he left personal tools and 2 shop manuels under the drivers seat, and when I got the car running could I return them!! He also made the comment that he really did not know what the problem was and his service manager instructed him to get the car out because he was way over the labor rate and losing money
What can I do now? I need the problem solved quickly THANKS

L

loku

You have two choices: (1) call the NY Attorney General CONSUMER HELPLINE at 1-800-771-7755, or (2) sue in small claims court.

O

oneusaman

Loku, Thanks for the advice but why NY Att General when I live in CT? Kidding with you Ct att Gen will be contacted plus Ct Dept of Motor Vehicle wich I just found has it's own repair/service station investigation unit Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">