• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car storage fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m.c.autos

Hi everyone,advise would be appreciated,I rent out cars to mini cab drivers and they take out there own insurance on the vehicles,the driver had a accedent and put the car in for repair,the work was done but the driver could not afford to pay the £300 excess ,what he didnt say was the garage has been charging a storage fee,I phoned the garage to explain that I am the owner and was renting it out and that the driver is renting another car of another company and is unlikely to pay,I offered to pay his excess to put a end to the situation but they are want me to pay the storage fees also before they will give the car back,I am not sure where I stand as the contract was him and the garage but I own the car,am thinking they might try and sell the car but not sure if they can,thanks,Michael

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">