• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OxOx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I am sorry if this is not the right place but I don't see any other place to ask this. My mom recently had a stroke and will not be driving again and wanted me to have her car. I went and picked it up 6 weeks ago. I sold my truck to a friend, and now jut have this car. My brother (who is an attorney) is the power of attorney for her estate - and he is passive aggressive and we have hated each other since we were kids. He was supposed to drive the 3 hours up to my moms home town and get the car title out of the safe deposit box and send it to me - he says he can't. he is too busy - this week he drove 8 hours one way (right past her home town) to go visit my other brother.

So how can I title the car here in Arizona without having the title from my mom?

tranquility

Nope. Not only that, mom may very well not have the power to give you the car--depending on the powers given to the attorney in fact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">