• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car vandalized on dealer lot after service. Dealer denies liability.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inNout

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL, US

I am in absolute disgust by the dealer's stance on my incidence and I need some legal advice. I have an attorney assigned but not sure how knowledgeable she is.

The entire story/picture can be found on this page. Thank you for your time.
I'm sorry - what was your legal question?

Based only on what you've posted HERE, I believe the dealer may not have any responsibility.

If you want more, give more info HERE.

Zigner

You know...just for poops & giggles, I went to the link you posted.

The dealership has NO liability for this. Had you handled this differently, you might have convince them to either split or pay the deductible in full...your terrible attitude would turn anybody off though.

inNout

You know...just for poops & giggles, I went to the link you posted.

The dealership has NO liability for this. Had you handled this differently, you might have convince them to either split or pay the deductible in full...your terrible attitude would turn anybody off though.
I understand where you are coming from as your assumption about my attitude is coming from the Audi message board where I did not filter my language or my angst. However, during the entire dealing with the people at the dealership, I did not once raise my voice given my disappointment. Everything was communicated professionally

The only DEMAND i made was to the service manager, for covering my deductible. He flat out declined responsibility to anything and told me to screw off and deal with my insurance.

The car was serviced, I was called 3 minutes before closing time on saturday, car was vandalized on their lot (with the camera conveniently not working), they denied any responsibility during possession of my car, and here I am.

Zigner

I understand where you are coming from as your assumption about my attitude is coming from the Audi message board where I did not filter my language or my angst. However, during the entire dealing with the people at the dealership, I did not once raise my voice given my disappointment. Everything was communicated professionally

The only DEMAND i made was to the service manager, for covering my deductible. He flat out declined responsibility to anything and told me to screw off and deal with my insurance.

The car was serviced, I was called 3 minutes before closing time on saturday, car was vandalized on their lot (with the camera conveniently not working), they denied any responsibility during possession of my car, and here I am.
Yes, and unless you can PROVE that the dealership took the wheels, then the service manager is correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">