• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CARFAX Claims Car as Salvage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calmnsilentone

What is the name of your state? SOUTH CAROLINA

My husband traded a 1969 Cheverolet Camaro SS for a 1998 Chevrolet Camaro, Z28 and some cash in March 2005. The thinking was he would be able to sell the 1998 easier as banks would loan more on a newer car.

He asked the guy if the car had ever been wrecked, did it have a salvage title? He was told it was a clean car, never been wrecked. It only had 27,000 miles on it so the exchange was made.

We didn't do anything right away as my husband was working alot and late in May we advertised the car in the paper. A man was very interested and in the process of securing a loan. The credit union checked with CARFAX. The information came back that in July 2002 severe damamge was done and South Carolina issued a Salvage Title.

It was again sold in July 2003 to a third owner in Georgia and then in December 2004 the a person in South Carolina and then he traded with my husband. The title nor registration has salvage written anywhere

Needless to say the deal was then off and we were baffled. We feel that my husband has been swindled and also feel guilty because we almost did the same to someone else.

Does my husband have a recourse? We are perplexed and really don't know what to do as we were originally trying to come up with some cash quickly for medical reasons. We feel that we have taken a huge loss with this situation.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">