• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Carmax issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DarrianD

My wife and I brought her car to carmax in pompano beach since it is covered by the carmax warranty. her door sensor isnt working. ford already fixed it once (i think they just cleaned the latch. took 20 minutes). carmax had my wife's car for 3 weeks. we get the car back in pieces. they see it and rush to fix it. original problem was never fixed, and now her door buttons (number panel) dont work anymore. they clearly damaged something. we bring the car to georgia (we moved the next day). bring it to the ford dealership that saw it before. they take the door apart and find a plethora of issues, cut wires, SUPERGLUE, quik steel instead of bolts, cut metal, cut panel, and broken clips. the ford mechanic is stunned. apparently, carmax sent the vehicle to a random body shop instead of the ford dealer they were supposed to send it to in Florida. we detailed all the damage to carmax and they said all they want to pay for is to get the door buttons fixed.... but the car is still under maxcare. Can i sue Carmax to make them pay to replace the door?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My wife and I brought her car to carmax in pompano beach since it is covered by the carmax warranty. her door sensor isnt working. ford already fixed it once (i think they just cleaned the latch. took 20 minutes). carmax had my wife's car for 3 weeks. we get the car back in pieces. they see it and rush to fix it. original problem was never fixed, and now her door buttons (number panel) dont work anymore. they clearly damaged something. we bring the car to georgia (we moved the next day). bring it to the ford dealership that saw it before. they take the door apart and find a plethora of issues, cut wires, SUPERGLUE, quik steel instead of bolts, cut metal, cut panel, and broken clips. the ford mechanic is stunned. apparently, carmax sent the vehicle to a random body shop instead of the ford dealer they were supposed to send it to in Florida. we detailed all the damage to carmax and they said all they want to pay for is to get the door buttons fixed.... but the car is still under maxcare. Can i sue Carmax to make them pay to replace the door?
You will want to refer to your service agreement with Carmax to find out your options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">