• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Carpet Cleaner Won't Replace Carpet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnzo69

What is the name of your state? Indiana
We had a carpet cleaner come to our house. He had to come back twice more to try to get rid of white streaks left by his cleaner. He then hired another company to come out and clean. They did, but in the process they pulled up a strand of my berber carpet. The original carpet cleaner sent someone out to fix the carpet by stretching and relaying it. That lasted three months before it pulled up again. The original carpet cleaner sent out his install guy out to fix it, but he quickly realized there was no fix. Now I have a 1/2 inch gap in my carpet. The cleaning company also owns a carpet store, so he said that he would replace carpet, but only give us the carpet, not install it. Says that with the depreciation i will be better taking him up on this offer.

My carpet is 10 year carpet and we have had it for 5 years.

My questions is can the carpet cleaning company offer to just give us the carpet without installing it to fix the problem with my carpet? What are my rights here???

Thanks

John

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">