• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case against an alarm system firm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tweb

When I bought my home in VA two years ago, I signed a contract with the a security firm to provide home monitoring service. The contract never went into effect because I ran into problems first with the subcontract who was going to activate the service and then with the security firm. The problem started from a missed appointment to activate the alarm by the subcontractor. After I alerted that incident to the builder, that subcontractor resorted to false statements and records, saying that I have been denying them access to my home. In the end, when the subcontractor did show up on the 3rd appointment, they demanded “extra fee” from me. Sometime afterwards, I filed a complaint against the builder with the local BBB, in response to builder’s claim that I pay for the contract service fee. That complaint did not work, but it did leave a paper trail. The builder’s security firm is still harassing me, but I believe I can prove that the subcontractor, with the knowledge of the security firm, has falsified service records in terms of the date and time of their claimed service calls. Given the small amount of money involved, lawyers are not that interested, but I hate to see them get away with it. Suggestions ? Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">