• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case of the missing tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sharkardi

Leading up to the last week fo May this spring I was in the process of solicating estimates to have a tree removed from my yard. I had received 2 estimates already, on the 29th of May I called another service for an estimate. On the 31st of May I returned home from work to find the tree removed including the stump plus an additional stump from a previous tree. After calling by process of elimation I discovered it was the second service i called for an estimate. After i recieved his estimate origanlly I call to inquire what he would do the job for without removing the stump, all communication was through his answering service.
After unsucessful phone tag he had his lawyer send me a letter that i recieved yesterday. My question is, this was an unsolcited service, at NO time did I order his services or sign ANY contracts, am I obligated to honor his bill (and legal threats)?
Signed,
frustrated in Indiana

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">