• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone Billing Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sugr1220

OK well first im in New York. I entered into a cell phone contract in August of 2000. The contract that I signed stated that I would be billed $29.99 a month for 200 peak minutes and 500 off peak (which is weekends). I received my frist bill in November and that was for the billing period of 8/00-10/00. At that point I was still under the minutes I was paying for. When I got the phone the salesman said that If i go over in minutes for a month and I think I will be using more minutes I can always upgrade. So as of October I wasnt going over. Since than I still have not received a bill. I called them 2 weeks ago and they have one billing period on file which is from 10/00-12/00 which I owe over $200. Now I asked for current information and they do not have any. So I told them that I am very upset and being that I do not receive any bills how am I supposed to know if I am going over for the month? They dont even have current information in their database to tell me. The earliest date that they have in the computer was 12/00. So I told the guy that I would have upgraded if I had known and he said there is nothing he can do. SO now I dont know how much I owe from 12/00 till now. I could owe $200 a month who knows. Now am I going to have to be responsible for these bilss that I am not receiving? if I will be can I make them pro-rate me for each month? Sorry I couldnt keep this brief b/c I had a lot to say :) Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">