• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lyndagary

I reside in Arizona. My daughter contracted with Cinngular wireless when she was a student at college in Arkansas. The sales staff and provided maps and information shows that they provice service in Arizona also. She has since moved home to Arizona, upon calling for a local phone number she was told they cannot provice a local number here. All her calls would be roaming and long distance. To canx she will have to pay the huge fees. She would continue with service, but not without a local number. All our calls and emails, even to the CEO have been no help. Can anyone help us with some advice. I have seen on the internet that this company is being reviewed by California for these types of practices. Thank You:confused:

H

hexeliebe

Your daughter's contract was for service in Arkansas. Although Arizona is within the Cingualr service area, look at the map again. It is free roaming from Arkansas.

The easy way for you to get this situation cleared up is for your daughter to go into the nearest Cingular office and have her contract moved to Arizona as the home service area. There will be a small charge but then the problem is solved.

L

lyndagary

[Thank you for the advice. That would probably work, but the wireless company does not have any offices at all in this state. We, of course didn't know that and my daughter probably never gave it a thought after she was told that she would have service when in Arizona. Thanks Again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">