• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone Extended Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trapt4days

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I purchased a cell phone at a major electronics retailer along with cell phone service and an extended warranty.

At the time of the purchase, the person selling the phone stated "If I ever have any problem with the phone no matter what it is that I could return it and get it fixed or receive a new one. The only way they won't fix it or replace it is if it is A) lost or stolen or B) water damage."

Being in college I figured that was a good idea. Also since I was paying $50 for the service I could go ahead and get a better phone because of the warranty and not have to worry. Basically my purchasing of the more expensive phone was contingent upon having the warranty. My purchase of the warranty was contingent upon it being replaced unless one of the two aforementioned happened.

I recently had a problem where the screen broke. I took it back and after a week and half, the store told me they weren't obliged to fix it because it is their policy not to for incidents similar to mine. Even though they never once mentioned this at time of purchase. I have yet to go back and speak with them about the matter.

Do I have any legal recourse if they refuse to fix or replace the phone?

Thanks for any and all help!

--Ryan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">