• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cell phone rebate offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

m8044

What is the name of your state? California

Here is my problem. I purchased a phone from Tmobile in 9/02 and was given a rebate form for $89 which according to the rebate form expires 10/02. Well, I received a letter in the mail from the rebate center saying the offer was only valid between 7/02-8/02. Obviously something is wrong here. I've called the rebate center and Tmobile's customer service. For the past 4 weeks, I have been given the run around. Would you consider this misrepresentation of their product? Their customer service sucks and I want to cancel my account. Would I still have to pay the cancellation charges since I did buy the phone under false advertisement?

Z

zappy

did you take pictures or scanned the coupon so you have proof of what it says?

Did you get a certificate of mailing from the US post office it costs 75 cents plus 1st class postage?

Or you could have sent it certified with a return reciept,for $4.....and someone would have signed for it.

I had the same thing happen to me , but i did the above and had a signiture on the return reciept and they couldnt also find my paperwork either... after i emailed the filled out rebate form, from the picture i took before mailing and the return reciept they sent me my refund..

That $4 certified letter was the proof i needed to get my $350 rebate from sony.

You gotta learn how to cover your azzz better.

M

m8044

I have a copy of everything, rebate form and all. I do not have a cert of mailing though, but obviously they did receive the rebate I sent in.

Z

zappy

so what does the rebate form say its good from/to... you have your reciept too?

You nned to start verifing names phone #s extention etc..

Do they have a website? maybe you can find who the president is and contact him.

You could to write letters and see what happens,

just keep at it, do they have a local office? then you can sue them in small claims court and see if a judge will terminate your contract.

M

m8044

Thanks for the reply. I have copies of everything. I also have all the ID numbers of all the reps that I have spoken to. I have faxed over all my information to Tmobile's customer care to no avail. The rep who I had faxed all my docs to has yet to call. I have had enough of their BS. I would like to call and cancel my acct w/o paying any charges. I know that they will probably charge me anyway and if they do, can I fight the charges in small claims court? Or would you suggest arbitration?

N

nona9

T-mobile cancelation

I recently Bought a T-300 cell phone through t-mobile and it's a brand new phone on the market. It has tons of promotions. etc....supposedly really great phone. Yet not even a couple days after my purchase I started to use it and it would cut out on me even in full coverage areas. I was having dropped calls, not recieving messages, going in out of service. You name it I was having it. I called T-mobile and the rep said she didn't know enough about the phone to help me and sent me back to the store I bought it from.
The store I bought it from Bulls Eye wireless said the won't do anything after you purchased the phone either a half hour after you walk out up to 3 days, the contract stated that as well.
I contacted T-Mobile again an d spoke with at least 3 more reps and I got the same thing... They advised me to turn off the phone every couple of hours to change towers and keep it off at night and charge it every night.. Also that they don't garauntee service in all areas.. The area I work and live is one of there main coverage areas. three- four weeks later still calling customer care and getting the run around, they advise me of their 14 day policy that if the phone doesn't work or I don't want their services I could have returned it without a canclation fee. This was after the 14 days and after the constant run- around..
I then recieved a new phone in the mail same model and sim card, and tried the new one out, yet I was still having the same problems. .. I called agian and was then advised to purchase a new sim card and still turn phone on off etc.....They would give me a credit...
I really hate the phone and the service. I would love to cancel or get a different model. I am sick of getting the run around and nothing is getting resolved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">