• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cellphone bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

byoung2

What is the name of your state? Florida
I purchased a cellphone in 2000, and never received a bill for it. Shortly after activating it, the cellphone company called to ask if I wanted to combine the billing with another cellphone of mine and I agreed. Apparently they didn't follow through, since I never received any attached bills for the phone. I called to cancel the phone, and the company had no record of the phone number or the account. However, the phone still worked so we continued to use it. Now, three years later, the cellphone company found all the records of the phone and have sent me a large bill. I have no paper records of the phone bing cancelled, as none were ever sent out to me. This is a mistake on the part of the cellphone company, but they are still asking me to pay. Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">