• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cellular phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alexistruman

the state of maryland but issue concerns a cellular phone purchased in delaware. upon signing up for the cellular service with cingular wireless i insisted that i was not from the area and would be moving back to the maryland metropolitian area now i have a bill for over $300 in which i cannnot possibly pay under my plan i had free nights and weekends and was not told by the administering agent that i will be charged for roaming which was the reason my bill was so high. my contract in turn did not specifically say that my free nights and weekends when roaming was obselete now with this enoromus bill i do not know what to do because if i was told all this and if it was specified i would not have made the calls.

L

lawrat

A method use by many attorneys is:

call them and tell them: you were not told of the roaming; you relied on the expertise of the operators who are agents of the company. as the principal, the company is liable for any misrepresentations made. This would be considered deceptive billing practice and you will call the fcc and the better business bureau.

btw, never use the name of the company here.

A

alexistruman

I did contact the company immediaetly upon receiving the grand total of the
amount that I was being billed They told me that once the representative showed
me the regional map that was nonetheless him telling me about the roaming
charges which wasn't the case because my
family and friends in this area I was more concerned with the fact that they
will still be calling me long distance and I made it clear to the representative
that this was a major concern I had upon the incident of him showing me the map
he showed it to me to let me know that their was nothing he could do because
each region is assigned certain numbers when showing me the map i only looked at
what he told me to look at and I wasn't made aware of the significance of the
different regions until I contacted the main office because of the great issue I
had with my bill. What do I do now

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">