• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cemetary Mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcruz625

What is the name of your state? Georgia. My cemetary has buried somebody in my plot. I purchased 2 plots when my son died in 1999 - one for him and one for me. Now they have somebody buried in my lot (i have contracts with lot #'s for both me and son). They are trying to play it off, telling me they are "saving" the spot on the other side of my son. This cemetary has (1) run over my son's vase with their lawnmower (2) buried somebody in my plot and (3) refuse to admit they have done anything wrong. I have not challenged them because I feel i would rather have an attorney represent me. I think they have been grossly negligent, especially since they promised me to clean up some spilled paint on his grave marker and 2 weeks later had yet to do it. This is very emotional for me and my family, especially since his birthday is 6/23 and the anniversary of his death is 7/4. I tried real estate attorney, but they seem to think this is a consumer issue. Please let me know what I must do. Time is passing quickly.

HomeGuru

mcruz625 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia. My cemetary has buried somebody in my plot. I purchased 2 plots when my son died in 1999 - one for him and one for me. Now they have somebody buried in my lot (i have contracts with lot #'s for both me and son). They are trying to play it off, telling me they are "saving" the spot on the other side of my son. This cemetary has (1) run over my son's vase with their lawnmower (2) buried somebody in my plot and (3) refuse to admit they have done anything wrong. I have not challenged them because I feel i would rather have an attorney represent me. I think they have been grossly negligent, especially since they promised me to clean up some spilled paint on his grave marker and 2 weeks later had yet to do it. This is very emotional for me and my family, especially since his birthday is 6/23 and the anniversary of his death is 7/4. I tried real estate attorney, but they seem to think this is a consumer issue. Please let me know what I must do. Time is passing quickly.
**A: hire a consumer protection attorney and sue the cemetary. Maybe there are others in your similar postion and there needs to be a class action lawsuit filed. Maybe the state attorney general needs to step in.
Recently, there have been news regarding cemetaries going bankrupt due to millions of $$$$$ being stolen by the owners, fraud etc.
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">