• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing the price after purchase??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NortherBird

I'm from Minnesota. I recently purchased a bandsaw from a local tool shop. I called once to ask what models they carried, and was quoted a price, I then went in and looked at one and was quoted the same price. I asked if a mobile base came with the saw and was told yes. I then went back to the store later, and looked again, was quoted the same price for the saw, the mobile base, and a fence. I agreed to purchase the saw. I paid by credit card, and took home the saw, and the mobile base. (they had to order the fence, and wrote up a work order to order it and took my phone number to call me when it came in). As I was unloading the boxes, I had a question about one of the part numbers so I called them up to ask about it. I was told that the price I paid was not supposed to include the base or the fence and they want me to pay for the base, and not deliver the fence. Can they do that? What are my options?

Thank you.

Arlie

N

NortherBird

Can anyone help me with this? Am I posting this in the right place? Thanks

djohnson

Do you have a receipt or invoice showing what you purchased? What does it say? They can't change it without both parties agreement.

N

NortherBird

My recipt has the saw number, which I was told and bought as a package with the base and fence, but the receipt doesnt actually say "mobile base and fence"... But since I was delivered the base, they wrote a workorder for the fence, and I have a witness to the conversation and transaction, doesnt that proove that they were sold as a package? They readily admit that they sold me something as a package that was'nt supposed to be a package. But I guess my question is since they already accepted payment and delivered part of the previously agreed apon equipment do they have the right to refuse delivery of the remaining equipment and request payment for the already delivered equipment that was not supposed to be sold at the price it was sold?? Dont we have a contract which they accepted by taking payment, and dont they have to honor that contract?

Thanks,
Arlie

N

NortherBird

Well, I called a corp lawyer at my office who deals with purchasing. She basically told me they could'nt change the deal after we agreed to it. I called the tool shop and said I had talked to a lawyer about my rights as a consumer, and went on to recap what we had agreed on, what I payed, and what I had'nt yet recieved. They did'nt even let me get to what the lawyer said before they said "how would you like to see this resolved?" They will be honoring their original commitment. End of story.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">