• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged for auto service that I was told was under warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dan from KS

Am I responsible for work preformed on my car that Car dealer said was covered under warranty after deciding what was wrong with it but after started working on it changed there mind saying wasn't covered? they stopped working on at that point
I am in Kansas

Dan from KS

What do they say is wrong with it and what does your warranty say is covered?
When they told me it was covered they said it needed Automatic transmission work. After ordering new parts and taking it apart when they arrived a week later is when I find out they now claim its not under warranty. they claim there was some rust on bare metal parts that were bad and saying it must had been in water. NOT the case! it however sat for 3 months not getting drove. Given this information to a ASC certified mechanic I know he said more than likely rust would have been from condensation on parts setting for a few months since I know it was never in water. He said your brake rotors are a bare metal suface that even after 1 day with moisture can rust. He says imagine 3 months. Even if I don't have grounds for them to finish the repair they started. Should I have to pay them for the work they told me was covered under warranty? I see nothing in warranty that says shouldn't be covered. but there claiming "rust" and "water". so I am thinking what I cant drive in the rain? or through a mud muddle?

OHRoadwarrior

Condensation does not occur within a sealed transmission from sitting. Sure, you can drive in water, rain and mud, however if you damage the transmission by getting moisture into the sealed system, you void the warranty. Otherwise, think of all the cars in hurricanes that would be taken back for warranty repair. It is possibly the transmission filler tube was not properly in place and water dripped down from the cowl into the filler tube. Though unlikely it is possible water contaminated transmission fluid was put in it. I have not seen that last issue since the 70's in a name brand motor oil.

Last edited:

Dan from KS

Condensation does not occur within a sealed transmission from sitting. Sure, you can drive in water, rain and mud, however if you damage the transmission by getting moisture into the sealed system, you void the warranty. Otherwise, think of all the cars in hurricanes that would be taken back for warranty repair. It is possibly the transmission filler tube was not properly in place and water dripped down from the cowl into the filler tube. Though unlikely it is possible water contaminated transmission fluid was put in it. I have not seen that last issue since the 70's in a name brand motor oil.
dual disc dry clutch automatic. no water or condensation in transmission fluid. no visual damage to transmission. there saying rust on clutch disc surface and clutch motors where are bare metal surfaces

Last edited:

justalayman

is this a new car or at least a car still under the manufacturers warranty? If so, go up the chain and speak with the zone rep from the manufacturer.

Dan from KS

is this a new car or at least a car still under the manufacturers warranty? If so, go up the chain and speak with the zone rep from the manufacturer.
thank you will do on Monday. talked to MFG customer service and was told I would get a call back from a supervisor but didn't happen.12 model 19k miles

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">