• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charity Auction - Donor refuses to return contact / transfer item

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hollywoodMP

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Good Morning,

I am unsure if this is the correct forum but, here is my situation:

I recently won a charity auction, the person who donated will not return my efforts to contact and reschedule. The item is a trip with a pre-booked date in March and is in their name. In the item description the trip can be re-booked through 2016. What recourse do I have if this individual fails to return my contact efforts and the trip expires?

Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Good Morning,

I am unsure if this is the correct forum but, here is my situation:

I recently won a charity auction, the person who donated will not return my efforts to contact and reschedule. The item is a trip with a pre-booked date in March and is in their name. In the item description the trip can be re-booked through 2016. What recourse do I have if this individual fails to return my contact efforts and the trip expires?

Thanks!
Contact the charity for assistance.

hollywoodMP

Contact the charity for assistance.
My apologies, I may have left out these details:

Charity = Private school fundraiser
Donor = another parent / family

I have reached out to the school who held the fundraiser but, they have insisted that we work directly with the donor family in resolving this.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My apologies, I may have left out these details:

Charity = Private school fundraiser
Donor = another parent / family

I have reached out to the school who held the fundraiser but, they have insisted that we work directly with the donor family in resolving this.
It doesn't change my answer: Contact the charity (private school) for assistance. If you are unable to use the item you bid on, then ask for your money back from them and let them deal with the other parent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">