• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charity Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saxzie

New York. Can I sue a charity for fraud? A football team organized a game in another state. This team plays football games and say they are a Non Profit organization (501 c 4) About 20 or 30 people agreed to go and we got group rates for hotel and airfare. When we arrived all the tours and meals we were promised where taken away for what reason I don't know. We had to pay for our own food, etc., can I sue and get my money back? Also the extra money I spent? This team also said all money would be tax deductible and its not. I am now waiting for a reply from the IRS for the teams 1024 application copy. I want to know if any money from this team is going to a charity. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">