• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charter Bus Company Contract breech

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peggy165

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I hope someone can shed some light in a rather quick fashion. My daughter is set to go to her Sophmore Hop this Saturday night (3/24). We secured a 40 passenger party bus for the event to chauffer 38 students (19 couples) to the HOP (Semi-formal High School dance - 10th grade). I reveiced a call, and voice mail message on Tuesday evening for the charter bus company. By the time I returned the call on Tuesday the company was closed. I phoned yesterday morning and was informed that the bus is no longer available. However they have 30 passenger party bus, or a 55 passenger charter bus (the type you take on a school trip, no lights, music etc.). A regular charter bus is not we signed on for. The whole intent was a bus with the "party" atomosphere for the kids! Can they do this to us??? Or do they have to accomdate our needs as stated in the signed contract? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and of course since it is such short notice there are no other Party Bus companies with available rentals for this Saturday. Thanks, Peggy

swalsh411

If they don't have a bus available they don't have a bus available. You can either take what they are offering or cancel it entirely. The contract you signed probably has language to this effect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">