• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheap Dentist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gpf

What is the name of your state? Alabama
I have been a dental technician for 25 years and I have owned this small dental laboratory for almost 20 years. I am a full service laboratory that works strictly for the dentists in my own building and I have roughly 20 accounts (dentists) that I work for. I have had a standing policy for years that states that payment for work that I have done be paid by the 10th of the following month to avoid and finance charges. With the exception of about 2, this is always done. The amount of what is do is critical to the operation of my lab no matter how much it is. Ok-with all this said--I have one account that I have done some work for, he has owed me $359.00 for going on 6 months, he is out of town, about 200 miles one way, when I call his office always they will get a check in the mail--which never comes. I can never get him on the phone, early, late, Saturday, Sunday, never. All this for $359.00, I have almost that much in long distance phone calls.
I would like to take him to small claims court, but, I would prefer to have him in court along with the patients that I have made appliances for. I feel they are in possession of stolen goods since the has not paid for them or returned them to me, which I have asked for him to do.
All this over $359.00. Most of us go to the dentist and when you don't have insurance and have something major done--denture, partial, crown, uou are asked to pay 1/2 up front then the other 1/2 when they are done. The first 1/2 covers the lab work and the second 1/2 is all his. They will 6 times their money off the lab work. If I charge a crown out for $100.00 they will charge the patient $650-700. And they can't pay the lab bill--$359.00. What action can I take to get my money?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rmet4nzkx

gpf said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama
I have been a dental technician for 25 years and I have owned this small dental laboratory for almost 20 years. I am a full service laboratory that works strictly for the dentists in my own building and I have roughly 20 accounts (dentists) that I work for. I have had a standing policy for years that states that payment for work that I have done be paid by the 10th of the following month to avoid and finance charges. With the exception of about 2, this is always done. The amount of what is do is critical to the operation of my lab no matter how much it is. Ok-with all this said--I have one account that I have done some work for, he has owed me $359.00 for going on 6 months, he is out of town, about 200 miles one way, when I call his office always they will get a check in the mail--which never comes. I can never get him on the phone, early, late, Saturday, Sunday, never. All this for $359.00, I have almost that much in long distance phone calls.
I would like to take him to small claims court, but, I would prefer to have him in court along with the patients that I have made appliances for. I feel they are in possession of stolen goods since the has not paid for them or returned them to me, which I have asked for him to do.
All this over $359.00. Most of us go to the dentist and when you don't have insurance and have something major done--denture, partial, crown, uou are asked to pay 1/2 up front then the other 1/2 when they are done. The first 1/2 covers the lab work and the second 1/2 is all his. They will 6 times their money off the lab work. If I charge a crown out for $100.00 they will charge the patient $650-700. And they can't pay the lab bill--$359.00. What action can I take to get my money?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
He is in your building, right? Try making an appointment, then you will know when he is expected in the office, then ask him for the check. If you go to small claims court and will, guess what, you will have the same problem collecting.

G

gpf

Thanks for the reply. No this guy is 200 miles away in the same state but in a different county. This would be a 400 mile round trip and 1 day out of work to get $359.00. No, I want to make it as inconvent on him as I can--make him drive the 400 miles. I have tried to get him to the phone and no luck--what else can I do except spend all day driving? If I emply that I will haul those patients that I made the appliances for to court for recieving stolen property--then he might pay? :mad: :mad: :mad:

matti422

Are you still doing work for him? Does your contract allow you to withhold current work for past due payments? If he's in the same, state, can you file in small claims where it is convenient to you? It doesn't sound like he lacks the ability to pay, if he is still practicing, and if he doesn't show up, you'll get a default judgment for which they may be able to garnish the payment.

G

gpf

Any other work he sends to me will be returned to him COD. He has never done alot with me--I don't know why. They (dentists) all have the ability to pay--they just don't like to--especially if you are a laboratory. They all want their work back on time but they don't like to pay on time.

matti422

I'm afraid you might not have choice but to call them into court to get restitution for your services. Since the transaction took place in your place of business, you should be able to file locally and force him back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">