• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Check Endorsements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

julbox3134

I recently had to stop payment on a check because I suspected fraud. The day I placed the stop on the check it was indeed presented to my bank for payment. Luckily for me the stop was in effect and the check was returned notifying the depositing party of the stop. I want to find out who actually attempted this. I received a copy which was faxed from my bank but is illegible. My bank is telling me there is no way to trace this information. If this is true, where would the money have gone had I not placed the stop on it? Also, it looks as though the check may not have been endorsed, however was run through a different bank (this much I can make out, ironically it is the same bank my apartment has it's account with). The apartment denies ever getting the check and I am almost 100% sure they are responsible. I want to get my stop payment fee back and I am still feeling uneasy about who tried to deposit this check. If there indeed is fraud involved I want to know about it. Don't I have a right to know?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">