• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Care Contract Agreement In Houston

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

missy99

i live in houston, texas

i am sort of upset, so if my typing is not correct, i am sorry. but please read and try to understand me. thank you.

i live in houston, tx., and i run a licensed “quality” daycare out of my home.

i have parents to sign a contract agreement when they enroll their child. there is this “one set of parents” who left owing me money childcare fees and late fees. they owe me money for their daughter. when the parents met with me to enroll their daughter, i explained the contract “verbally” and read-aloud the contract “with both the mother and father” both parents “read-along-with-me” as we all three went over the contract. Before the parents signed the contract I asked 3 times if they did not understand anything and I also asked them if they had any questions to please ask me now or they could call back later and ask me if they came up with any questions. I also told them if they changed their mind after leaving they had 3 business days to cancel the contract.

Both the parents said they understood everything on the contract. I again asked them a fourth time if they had “any questions regarding the contract before signing it and both the father and mother said no.”

both parents signed the contract and agreed to "all" it’s rules, policies, sick policy, rates, late charges fees, and all child care fees and provisions.

i charged them $105.00 per week for their 11- month infant old daughter. which due each friday of each week.

the third day that their daughter was in care she arrived and appeared larthergic.
I asked the mother was something wrong with the child and she said "no," that the child was "just sleepy because they kept the child up half the night at her aunts house."

About an hour after the mother had left “heavy green mucus” started pouring out of the child’s nose, she had a cough and sneezing out mucus all over the place. yuk!!!

i tried to reach the mother but got no answer from her cell phone. i ended up calling the dad and told him they must take their child to the doctor. he said he would contact the mother. i think the “mother’s cell phone has caller-id” and that is why i can never reach her because she probably sees my name and phone number show up on her cell phone caller id and did not want to bothered and did not want to return my calls.

that morning, i reminded the mother of the “sick policy” explaining to her that she must seek medical attention for her child if her child is sick. but also that her child could return to daycare as long as iI received a written doctor’s note stating whether or not the child was contagious and if the child was on prescription medication for her (upper respiratory infection.)

i have a medical background and when a child’s snot (mucus) that is draining from their nose is green or yellow/green in color, has "heavy" chest congestion," that is a “sign” that it “might be” an upper respiratory infection, also the child had “heavy” chest congestion, was running a temperature and was very lethargic.

that evening the mother said she needs to be going to chemist classes at college and really did not have the time to take her daughter to the doctor. and wanted to know why i keep asking her to take the kid to the doctor.

i kept asking her to please take her daughter to the doctor and “finally” she said she took her child to the doctor and “she said the doctor stated that he could not do anything for the child.” i asked her if she could get what the doctor said in writing and give me a copy, because I needed a signed statement from the doctor saying “that he indeed said that."

the mother never brought me that letter from the doctor stating that. the mother also wrote down the child’s doctors front office and back office phone numbers on the “child’s sign in sheet” and told “me to call the doctor” and “tell him to administer treatment to her daughter and for him to give her some presciption meds.”

i did not call the doctor and I don’t feel it is my responsibility to “pressure” her doctor since I am not the parent, because it is the parents responsibility to call and make appointments to see the doctor. the mother also stated that her aunt is a nurse and that she can ask her to sneak and call in prescription medicines for her daughter. (she said the aunt does not work at her child’s doctor’s office and I don’t have any proof that "her aunt is a nurse either, i believe the mother is lying.")

*next*

over three weeks ago, i "gave" a copy of a notice to "all" parents that my day care would be close on wednesday october 10, 2001. when each parent(s) dropped off their child i gave “all” of them a “written letter” stating that i would be closed on Wednesday october 10, 2001.

"my husband" witnessed this also.

over three weeks ago, i also "verbally" told “all” the parents that i would be closed on Wednesday october 10, 2001. "my husband" witnessed this also. also for over 3 weeks i had a “posted sign” taped on my front glass screen door which “continually” to informed parents on a daily basis that i would be closed on Wednesday october 10, 2001. "my husband witnessed this also."

"all the parents" including the parents that i want to sue in small claims court, found that this was not a problem since their contract states i can close with proper “advance” written notice to the parents. also, the parents all said they had made previous arrangements for their child for that day. and the parents who i want to sue said they would keep their daughter at home with them or take her to the grandmother's house or sister's house.

not a problem.

also, on the note that “all” the parents received it stated that i would "re-open on thursday october 11, 2001," business as usual.

also even on tuesday october 9, 2001,
i “again reminded all parents” that i would re-open on thursday october 11, 2001. still "all" the parents including the parents i want to sue in small claims court said it was not a problem and that they would see me on thursday, october 11, 2001.

i can ask all the other parents to witness (or write me a letter proving that they were “each/all” notified in writing and verbally, and that they all saw the sign posted on my front glass screen door for weeks.

on thursday october 11, 2001, that child was a "no-show." the mother and father did not even bother to call me or anything.

on thursday october 11, 2001 at the close of the business day, my husband checked our mailbox and he found a hand written note from that parent, she obviously sneaked by and stuck the note in the mailbox, because she intended not to pay me!

the note saids the following:

date: 10/10/01

(my business name),

please accept this as written notice, notifying you that (daughter’s name) will no longer attend your preschool.

thanks in advance
(signed the parent)

================================
As you can see this woman did not want to face me, because she wanted me to allow her child to come to preschool/daycare sick all the time infecting the other children and my staff and myself.

so, she waited until i closed on wednesday, cctober 10, 2001 to “sneak” her termination letter into my curb side mailbox.

i am sure she did not get out of her truck, because my mailbox is a "curb side mailbox" and you can just pull up to the curb without getting out of your car/truck and stick stuff in the mailbox and then take on “flying like a bat of you know what!"

this is fine, because her contract states she can terminate her child’s care if she wishes.

as of today, sunday, october 14, 2001 they owe me $105.00 plus, $30.00 in late fees, and the late fees will continue to add-up until they pay me.

"instead of her being a real woman" and telling me face-to-face that she was terminating her child’s care, she waited until “after” i was closed on october 10, 2001 to stick a note in my mailbox.

she still owes me $105.00 plus $10.00 late fees per day for non-payment of the “advance” one weeks childcare fees "upon termination." she is so stupid because if she re-reads her contract it states she is charged $10.00 per day late fees plus the $105.00 that she owes…and if it takes up to 12 months for this small claims court case to go to court she will own me thousands of dollars!!! on thursday october 11, 2001,
i tried calling her to explain this and her cell phone was not answering. finally that same day october 11, 2001, i was able to get a hold of a “live” person at the father’s job and asked his “dispatch supervisor” if he had a “direct way of contacting the father.” (i did not tell the dispatch supervisor what i was calling about, but i did tell him i’m the childcare provider of that employees daughter and needed to contact him. the dispatch supervisor gave me his “pager number” and “cell phone” number. i paged the daddy 3 times and left a voice mail on his cell phone, because his phone had voice mail.” he finally called me back and he got a little rough with me and was very adamant and did not want to pay me. i explained to him they would end up owing more money, the longer they waited to pay me.

i offered to stop his late fees "if he or his wife would show up by 6:00pm on friday october 12, 2001 to pay the $105.00 that they owe me." he said he would call his wife and tell her. that same evening his wife called me and told me that her one week advance notice is only on wednesday and that wednesday which is only one day=seven days. if she is a college student doesn’t she know that a week is 7 days???!!??? and that "one-day" is not seven days. my husband found that woman's note in our mailbox on thursday october 11, 2001.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">