• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chruch Rental for Wedding!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

n3t53c

What is the name of your state? NJ

I rented a church for my wedding. I signed the contract and made the down payment according to terms and conditions. Thirty days before the wedding I get a call from the church stating they are canceling my contract.

Now I am running around trying to find a new church, notifying my guest and vendors.

Church contract clearly states that they can terminate the contract at any time. I knew this when I signed the contract and church representative assured me orally that they will only terminate the contract for natural disasters. I even asked the question regarding what happens if someone important (VIP) wants to hold a function there. The answer was we wouldn’t do that. Based on the oral agreement and assurance I singed the contract.

What can I do? I am not trying to make money of this. I want to make sure no one else goes through this pain and they should be aware of this contract and church will use the contract as they choose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">