• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cigarette sales???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shef

What is the name of your state? Missouri
Is it illegal for a gas station to say they have a "buy one, get one free" deal on cigarettes, but change the price from $2.87 (regular price) to $4.00 during the sale?:confused:

Souix

shef said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri
Is it illegal for a gas station to say they have a "buy one, get one free" deal on cigarettes, but change the price from $2.87 (regular price) to $4.00 during the sale?:confused:
no

racer72

An independant business can charge as much as they want for what they sell. It is called the free enterprise system.

S

shef

??

Missouri

maybe I didn`t make the question clear. Is this legal: You walk into a gas station and ask for a pack of cigarettes. The clerk tells you the pack is $2.78, but if you want to get a two for the price of one deal, it will cost you $4.oo. Is that right???

Last edited:

Souix

Re: ??

shef said:
Missouri

maybe I didn`t make the question clear. Is this legal: You walk into a gas station and ask for a pack of cigarettes. The clerk tells you the pack is $2.78, but if you want to get a two for the price of one deal, it will cost you $4.oo. Is that right???

**If you're getting 2 for $4 thats a bargain, but I would still quit, cig smoking is harmful to your health

S

shef

Yes, I know it`s a good deal and that I should stop, but is it legal for them to say it is a two for one deal and then sell it to you for a dollar and some change more than what they really said it would be?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">