• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cigarettes sales over internet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iggyki

What is the name of your state? New York
Hi!
There is a new law in New York state that prohibits cigarettes sales over internet,I'm sure you've heard about it.
It says all kinds of things including, class A misdeminor, up to 1 year of imprisoment, etc.
The question is , I'm not a seller, I'm a consumer, a buyer.
Can I be legally punished for buying, not selling cigarettes over internet. this is not clear to me. i have tried to read all news but it mostly says everything about sellers, but what about buyers?
Can i still place an order or they will arrest me for buying a pack of smokes over internet?
truly yours
Iggy
NY

B

badtenant

Can i still place an order or they will arrest me for buying a pack of smokes over internet?

Sure you can place ALL the orders you wwant over the internet.

But where they will arrest you is when they catch you if you dont pay all the back NY state taxes on those cigarettes you avoided paying by buying on the internet.

Time to Face the Music buddy......its going to cost you a lot to smoke in New York, and especially in New York City.

So why not start thinking of moving to the LOW tax states like North Carolina, nice weather, much less traffic, EXCELLENT beaches, and cheap cigarettes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">