• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cingular-no coverage wants $450.00

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eyeinthesky20

What is the name of your state? FL Signed a new 2 year contract 6/04. Moving to remote part of NC without any coverage or ability to use the cell phones, this they acknowledge- want 450.00 early termination fee for 3 phones, is in contract. They state they understand but because we signed in florida and decided to move 2 months ago, we owe them. How do you like that for being with them and their predecessors since 1992. How can I be held to a contract if they dont have service in that area? Thanks

cmorris

If you read the contract, they won't guarantee coverage areas or being able to use the phones. You will have to either keep paying monthly for service you can't use, pay the fee, or let it go to collections. If you do the latter, you will have trouble getting a new phone. It will also affect your credit significantly.

As much as this stinks, you will need to pay the fee.

mintchocolate

STAY AWAY from Cingular/AT&T, that is all I can say. Other companies will not force you to pay the full termination fee.

It's always a good idea to read the contract backwards and forwards.....no expensive suprises when you go that route ;)

I know, I know "Who actually reads that???"......I do and it helped me a great deal when I had a dispute with my carrier. You can't enforce something that is not in the contract. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">