• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cingular --- no service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

celloshred

CALIFORNIA

I was an AT&T customer. I was 1 month away from the end of my contract and was sold on CIngular (since they were merging and would have better service). Service with AT&T wasnt great (especially at my home where i need it most due to my business) but CIngular told me to wait a few weeks til the merger was done to enjoy full benefits of both providers. I did wait and it hasnt gotten better, worse even! Under contract i have 30 days to try out the service, its been 7 months.

Is there anything I can do to get out of my contract and not pay the $175? The service is horrible, I drop business calls, its affecting my income!

Thank you,

Michael Wolff

shortbus

Apparently "enjoying the full benefits" means having no service.

If you're really losing income, clearly it's cheaper to pay the exit fee and move on.

shortbus said:
Apparently "enjoying the full benefits" means having no service.

If you're really losing income, clearly it's cheaper to pay the exit fee and move on.
Buuuuut shortbus......he doesn't want to pay the early termination fee!!!! ;)

shortbus

Yeah, I get that. But at some point his attempt to save $175 will be outstripped by the income he's lost by not having cell service. A businessman is going to cut his losses and look for the cheapest exit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">