• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claiming company is Employee Owned.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawhelpsplz

California

Is it against the law to display on your customers' monthly invoices that your company is employee owned, if is actually a sole ownership, with the employees having no share in the company?

quincy

California

Is it against the law to display on your customers' monthly invoices that your company is employee owned, if is actually a sole ownership, with the employees having no share in the company?
What would be the reason behind this deceit?

lawhelpsplz

What would be the reason behind this deceit?
It's unclear if the change to the invoice display was intended to make the company more attractive to existing customers, or if it was a planned company structure transition that was never implemented.
But the invoices were updated to include that untrue factoid over ten months ago, and there is still no indication that the company is moving toward that end.

I'm just curious if there is any liability in displaying this inaccurate information.

Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's unclear if the change to the invoice display was intended to make the company more attractive to existing customers, or if it was a planned company structure transition that was never implemented.
But the invoices were updated to include that untrue factoid over ten months ago, and there is still no indication that the company is moving toward that end.

I'm just curious if there is any liability in displaying this inaccurate information.

Thank you
Who are you and how does it affect you?

ETA: I don't mean "Who are you?" as in "What is your name?". I mean what is your place in this scenario?

lawhelpsplz

Who are you and how does it affect you?

ETA: I don't mean "Who are you?" as in "What is your name?". I mean what is your place in this scenario?
I have relatives who do business with this company, and the practice seems at the least disingenuous and suspicious, and at the worst, fraudulent.

adjusterjack

I have relatives who do business with this company, and the practice seems at the least disingenuous and suspicious, and at the worst, fraudulent.
If your relatives don't like it they can take their business elsewhere.

It may be disingenuous and suspicious to you but it certainly isn't fraudulent if the customers get what they pay for.

Besides, whether a customer has a problem with a product or service has nothing to do with what the invoice says about who or what owns the company. Your concern is really a non-issue despite you trying to make an issue out of it.

lawhelpsplz

In other words, it really has nothing to do with you.
Zigner, I don't understand the insulting tone of your reply. I simply asked whether a company is breaking a law by it's actions.
I didn't realize a personal stake in the situation was a requirement to post a query in this forum.

If you're unable or uninterested in providing an answer to my question, why waste your time responding?

Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Zigner, I don't understand the insulting tone of your reply. I simply asked whether a company is breaking a law by it's actions.
I didn't realize a personal stake in the situation was a requirement to post a query in this forum.

If you're unable or uninterested in providing an answer to my question, why waste your time responding?

Thank you
My time was already wasted when you posted a hypothetical question that has nothing to do with you. In for a penny, in for a pound (as they say.)

lawhelpsplz

One may as well ask why did you waste your time posting a question that had nothing to do with you? :rolleyes:
Clearly you boys put a high value on your time, when you spend it answering a question you have no interest in.
Congratulations on your junior high mentality gents. Good luck passing the bar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">