• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Client demanding money returned for cancelled wedding - no contract signed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fireblade2020

I am a photographer (canada). A client booked with me 8 months ago, paid the full amount for the wedding, however because she was a friend of a friend she didn't fill out a contract at that time. In fact she never did. Now, only months before her wedding she wants to cancel and get a full refund. My company policy is deposits are non-refundable. I was willing to meet her half way and suggested I would refund the money paid, minus the usual deposit. Since there was no contract signed, where do I stand on this?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I am a photographer (canada). A client booked with me 8 months ago, paid the full amount for the wedding, however because she was a friend of a friend she didn't fill out a contract at that time. In fact she never did. Now, only months before her wedding she wants to cancel and get a full refund. My company policy is deposits are non-refundable. I was willing to meet her half way and suggested I would refund the money paid, minus the usual deposit. Since there was no contract signed, where do I stand on this?
We don't know. This site concentrates on US law, and last time I checked, we had not annexed Canada. :cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You stand in Canada. This is a US law forum...we cannot help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">