• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

client won't pay for service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luckypup

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I am an independent contractor. I have just completed a remodeling job for a client who has been nervous and difficult (i.e. checking and rechecking). Job was completed to verbal satsifaction, invoice sent, and now client is refusing to pay claiming various problems (but not specifying) and not allowing us in to inspect and repair. She has now told us she is hiring another contractor to do some reinstallation and is "deducting" the amount. She states "more contractors" are coming!!

Please note that I have not refused to warranty my work.

Questions are:
1. Can she have a contractor of her choosing redo my work as described above (and therefore alter my work before I can inspect?)
2. The contract states work to be done in a"workmanship manner", not necessarily perfection. Who should be the judge of this?

Thank you so much for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">