• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cluster contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robert zuniga

texas. my son signed a 36 page contract to lease his business office. one month ago. the ac went out. old unit. the freon leaked. isnt the land lord liable for this? there is a clause in all those papers he my son is responsible for all maintenance. i never heard of this before. my landlords have always been responsible.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Why ? Are you thinking there's something illegal about this agreement concerning maintenance ?

Business agreements are different from housing agreements. They are not controlled by the same laws.

It's perfectly legal to require a business tenant to pay for, and be responsible for, all maintenance during such tenancy.

He should have read the contract. It would have made great bathroom reading.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">