• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-Buyer rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SnoozTek

What is the name of your state? WA

Does anyone happen to know what rights a co-buyer of a vehicle has in the state of WA? Or where I may find this information?

I am a co-buyer for a vehicle. I am actually the primary holder of the account. We purchased the vehicle in 12/06 and I was making all of the payments until Sept 07 at which time I was unable to.The vehicle was repossesed, so I thought. Has I known it was not repossesed I would have continued to make the payments on it. The other co-buyer had the finance company reposses the vehicle and then the vehicle was given to the other co-buyer. I was told that the vehicle was repossesed and never knew about it being picked up by the other co-buyer. Did the finance company have a right to not notify my? I had found out through running a credit report that the vehicle was in the co-buyers possesion(the loan was still reporting as open and paid). I retrieved the vehicle and the co-buyer again called the finance company and had it repossesed. Again, I was never notified that the vehicle had been taken out of repossesion. What rights do I have to the vehicle? I am still liable for this vehicle if anything happens. I am also unable to get a new vehicle loan because this one shows as open. The co-buyer refuses to return any of my calls. If the co-buyer sells the vehicle are they required to get my signature for release of the vehicle? My name is on the title for the vehicle as well as the contract. I need help here. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">