• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

co-signing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

christyh_555

a friend of mine did not have good enough credit to purchase a car of her own. i agreed to purchase the car for her under a joint account so that she could use my name to build her credit. the car was totaled and the insurance company only paid what the car was worth. she has refused to pay the remaining $4,000 left owed on the car. to keep my good credit, i am having to make these payments. is there any way, now, to have her taken off of the contract so that she receives no credit for making these payments? or, is there a way to make her keep her verbal agreement with me?

christy in georgia

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Steve, HomeGuru, ALawyer, or any of you other wonderful contributors.

I don't have the heart to tell her the bad news. Perhaps one of you guys have the "right words" for our writer.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">