• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-signing gone BAD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ablbubba

What is the name of your state? california
In January of 1999 I co signed a vehicle for a friend of mine. The contract was only good through 1/04. She has made payments here and there and never on time. The car is delinquent and I have received several repossesion notices, but that never happens. I would like to know what my legal right is as far as repossesing the vehicle myself? Am I still legally responsible for this car after 1/04 since the car is behind in payments? Is there any way for me to get out of this? How long will this stay on my credit? I was told that even if I take care of this it will stay on my record for 7 years. Any advise you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">