• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting for Onsite Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dadn6

<b>This forum is much appreciated</b>

I am a business owner in Texas with a small computer manufacturing plant and an onsite/Free pickup service company. From time to time I have a customer who decides what <b><i>they</b></i>want to pay. Currently I have an issue with a small private corporation who purchased computers and networking equipment from us 3 years ago. We have served them well and efficient. We recently cleaned virus contamination (Nimba) from their 3 station POS network at $99 per hour onsite which is our standard rate. We discounted the rate to cost and they are only paying little less than half. They maintain the check is in the mail but it isn't. I have experienced this same situation 4 or 5 times in fourteen years of business and I need a real remedy. I charged off $72K in 1996 to this type of situation. More than my little company could bare. This is $659 which they clearly feel justified in only paying $321. I have been studying "Mechanic's Lien" procedures. (Contractors & Home Owners Guide to Mechanic's Liens, Attorney Stephen R. Elias) I really like what I have read however it doesnt specifically describe my business but general goods and services to Real property. What would you do. Small claims dont seem to bother these types. I need a real basic simple razor sharp remedy.

<i>Any solution would be helpful.</i>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">