• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection Agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trishl

I live in Georgia and just received a letter from a Collection Agency last month concerning an account that is over 12 years old. The Agency, known as Superior Asset Management, claims that I owe a Bank that I had never heard of. Upon contacting the Bank, they claim that they had bought out the original bank in 1986 and upon trying to locate my file, they had determined that this debt has been charged off. Needless to say, the Collection Agency has never contacted me until now. They have also put this on my credit report showing account opened in 1998 and they advised me on the phone that the negative report would stay on my file until paid. I sent them a Certified Letter requesting Proof of Loan and name of original creditor if different than one they list and mailed it September 20, 2001. They have failed to respond. Upon contacting the BBB, they have an unsatisfactory record due to unanswered complaints. I have reported this company to the Federal Trade Commission, also. What can I do to get this removed from all 3 Credit reporting agencies and how do I deal with Superior Asset Management?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">