• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection procedure??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arm4real

i agreed to do a co-worker a favor and made a purchase of a computer and accessories on my fingerhut account for her during december 1999 she in turn agreed to make the monthly payments, the computer and accessories was shipped from finger hut to her house she did make some payments sporadically in the beginning now she has not made a payment since feb. She no longer works at the job we shared but does have full time employment. I spoke with her 2 months ago about making payment to this account she said she would but to this date has not, I am now about 6 mos behind on payments and is directly affecting my credit with this company and my credit rating, what are my options?? Everyone on the job knows she received the merchandise, finger huts records reflect the shipping address, and she did make payments from her personal checking account.
If I have to pay for this to save my credit is there any way to retreive the equipment in good working condition and guard against her destroying the equipment if she knows she has to return it?

A

arm4real

I live in Washington, DC what is the procedure to instituite a claim in small claims court, is there a way to hold off Fingerhut while I clear this matter up or should I start to make payments (which I really can't afford) but I am in a bad situation with this account

JETX

And make the payments as needed to protect your credit history. Keep records of ALL payments and interest paid that are a result of her failure to pay. Then, take her to Small Claims (see link in IAAL's post).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">